It is heartbreaking to watch a dream die. It is scary to watch your livelihood slip away. Yet, in times like those God draws so close and SPEAKS! What could be more precious than the very WORDS OF GOD!
I was cozy in my “nursing mother’s room” at HealthSouth Pediatrics when I asked God this question.
“What about all your words to me about Signarama? Words about success, a good harvest, and a good inheritance that would produce fruit for us?”
“Happy are those who find wisdom and those who get understanding,
For her income is better than silver,
And her revenue is better than gold.”
Proverbs 3:13 was the answer.
Another version says, “Wisdom is more profitable than silver and yields a better return than gold.”
God hadn’t given us the money we had asked for, but He had given us something much more valuable…wisdom. If we could only identify that wisdom and harness it for the rest of our lives, how profitable we would be!
I was certain that Chris had gained much wisdom in the realm of business. I began to ask myself what wisdom God had given me. I came up with this list.
- Ask people to pray for you on a regular basis. Don’t be afraid or embarrassed to ask for help.
- Supernatural business (like ministry or anything else) flows out of who we are, not what we do. Who we are (identity) comes from intimacy with God.
- The presence of God and our relationship with God should be our priority every day.
- God has been purifying our faith which is worth more than gold.
- We cannot create or multiply wealth, but God can.
- We should live for God’s renown.
- We should seek His kingdom first.
- If we are not joyful, we are not recognizing His presence because in His presence is fullness of joy!
I began to review all of the teachings and messages I had been absorbing in the past year.
- We should seek God to know Him, not to get a message to preach or even a healing. – Todd White
- Supernatural business keys are the presence of God and knowing your true identity. – Lance Wallnau
- Without intimacy, there is no fruit. – Heidi Baker
- We worship because we love God, not to get something. – Bill Johnson
- We shouldn’t ask God to bless our plans. We should find out what God is already doing and join Him. – Henry Blackaby
- “The Christian life wasn’t about running like a maniac; it was about walking with God….What is walking with God? Simple. Doing what He asks you to do each and every day. Living in active relationship with Him. Filling your mind with His word, and letting that word penetrate every waking moment.” – Phil Visher
- “To receive My Word into your heart must be your quest every day. Then you will begin to see…That is your whole purpose now – to walk closer to me each day.” Jesus speaking to Rick Joyner
- The secret source to more success and fruit in business (and in everything) is the level of connection with the very Person of God. – Andy Mason
- There is a faith that you can reach out and grab onto. Not just faith for your current circumstances but faith to access a new life. Reach out and grab hold of your sonship and your inheritance. – Dylan Krause
We may have many dreams and goals but…
God Himself is THE goal and THE prize and THE destination!
Those who seek Him WILL find Him…so how can we be disappointed!