My husband and I wrote this to help other couples looking forward to the big day – the day when their new baby will be born! Our desire is that everyone can have the joyful, peaceful, amazing experience that God has for them on this wondrous day!
You were created for Childbirth!
Giving birth to eternal children of destiny is God’s gift and a sign of his great honor and favor toward you! The labor experience is a privilege, NOT a curse! Here are some tips to help make your labor experience a little (or a lot) easier.
Pain is a curse spoken over Eve in Gen. All curses were broken at the cross. Break the curse of multiplied pain in Jesus name and don’t let anyone talk you back into it! Pain in labor is increased because of fear. Our body’s normal response to pain is to release adrenaline to prepare our bodies for the “fight or flight” response. Adrenaline stops the production of oxytocin and slows labor down. We have to practice going against our normal instincts to resist pain and learn to relax in the pain. With every contraction, find a comfortable position and relax every muscle of your body. Don’t try to move or talk. The more relaxed and at peace you are, the less pain you will feel. Practice this before you are actually in labor. If you want to read more, get the book, Childbirth without Fear: The Principles and Practice of Natural Childbirth.
HUSBANDS AND WIVES;
- Pray and seek God about any issues He may want to address before you have a baby. The closer you are to God, the more peace and forgiveness you have flowing through your life, the easier labor will be!
- Ask God for specific scriptures and promises for your labor and new baby. Speak these out all the time!
- Ask God to give you His heart on any issues you might encounter such as an epidural, inducing labor, c-sections, and other interventions. In the intensity of labor is not the time to develop a philosophy on these subjects. God is the authority on labor, not your doctor.
- Speak to the mommy’s and baby’s bodies and prophecy before and during labor that they will quickly and easily and joyfully go through all of the stages of labor. “Uterus; you will contract perfectly without multiplied pain!” “Cervix; you will dilate perfectly and quickly.” “Baby; you will descend into the birth canal at just the right time and turn in just the right way to be born quickly and easily.”
- Speak to the mom’s and baby’s spirits about the labor. “Mom, you are able to give birth in peace and joy. You are in God’s hands. You are His beloved.” “Baby we love you. God gave you to us as a precious gift. Come out and see us at just the right time. We are so excited to see you!
- Pray, Pray, Pray!
- You are the authority over you wife, not your doctor or midwife. Ask God about any options that are offered. Don’t do anything you don’t feel at peace about.
- Sometimes you have to make decisions for your wife during labor. She may not know what to do. Don’t be afraid to direct the labor time.
- Encourage, Encourage, Encourage. Use your words to help her, not distract her.
“You’re doing great!” “Relax your muscles and breathe.” “It will be over soon!” Use a peaceful tone.
- During your labor it is your job to RELAX, RELAX, RELAX! Trust God and trust your husband. Let them take care of everything and relax! Enjoy the time between contractions. Walk around, squat, pelvic tilt. During contractions relax every muscle and rest! A warm shower or bath does wonders!
- During your pregnancy, exercise often (walking, pregnancy Pilates, squatting, kegels) and eat as healthy as you can. Eat 60-100 grams of protein a day. Here is a link for a diet for pregnant and nursing mothers.
- Even if things don’t go as you had hoped, God has got you in his hands and He is never letting go! He is in control!
- Don’t worry! This birth thing was God’s idea and it really does work!
Wisdom from other moms
“I had two supernatural births without pain. The difference between my first two and my second two was I had an encounter with the Father’s love to where I was able to completely surrender and trust in His love and protection for me. I also read Supernatural Childbirth by Jackie Mize and that really encouraged me. The first two births I prayed in the spirit and the third and fourth Jason laid hands on my belly and prayed in the spirit during each contraction so I was free to completely surrender to it and rest and trust while he did all the work. I also labored in a Jacuzzi during transition and took honey for energy.” Cari Cash, mother of four
“A wonderful labor experience begins and ends without fear. Figure out what it is you are afraid of and get the answers you need before labor. Fear creates pain and makes what should be a wonderful experience terrifying.” Katie Horst, mother of four
If I could only give one piece of advice to a woman going into labor I would say “The only thing you can expect is that it is not going to be as you expected.”
So in the middle of the labor or delivery when it seems you are being thrown off course by some unexpected event. Ask yourself…”Is this what I expected?”
No… so be encouraged …this means you are right on track.
You can then continue in strength and peace.
As Bill Johnson says – You only have authority over a storm when you have peace.
Anne Stock, former homebirth attendant and mother of two
2 thoughts on “You were created for Childbirth!”
I realize what a blessing George was as my Lamaze coach and birthing partner. His gentle voice, firm hands, supportive and positive “Let
Go Let GOD” philosophy in LIFE and positive thinking was ever present in my pregnancy, labor and delivery. We made it through an unexpected fast delivery and equally surprising slow footling breech delivery. I came out of both smiling with all natural hospital births. By the time I asked the doctor for relief from PAIN, he said it was too late and out came one foot!
Thank you for this amazing witness you have to others.