1. My mom brought some crafts over for the children. The colors of the tissue paper were just so pretty, I had to sit down and make a star myself. I love to create all kinds of arts and crafts, but I have so little time for that these days. I gained the joy of being crafty and a brilliant sun-catcher at the same time.
2. Chris had gotten me some socks at Costco which turned out to be the most wonderful socks I have ever owned! Chris bought me more colors of the same kind, just because he loves me. An added bonus is that they actually match my clothes. I love to match!
3. Our church receives donations of food quite often. Sometimes we check to see what is available. We found bottles and bottle of kombucha. I just love kombucha, but I rarely buy it at the store because it is so expensive. Maybe no one else took it because they don’t know how wonderful it is or what it is. Are you in that boat? Click here to learn more about it.
4. I took some greens from our tree, winter berries from my mom’s yard, and this burlap star she found, and I got a rustic wreath.
5. I love receiving Christmas cards in the mail. I love to see the pictures and think about the person who sent it.
6. My mom found these magnetic picture frames. Now I can see my friends and remember to pray for them all year long without the mess of little magnets that keep falling off the fridge and the smudges of little hands.
7. Because I picked Ireland to learn about this Christmas, I have a whole new country full of recipes to discover!
8. Little boys who are eager to go Christmas shopping for their family make very diligent workers around the house. Our house gets so clean around Christmas time with the incentive of earning dollars. I love a clean house and I love to see my children considering how to purchase gifts that will bless others.
9. I asked my daughter to find some Christmas music to play and she found Michael Buble’s entire Christmas album on YouTube. I received the gift of wonderful music filling the kitchen thanks to my daughter, my phone, a purple cable, and our stereo.
10. My mom discovered my little, wooden rocking chair and brought it over. I received the joy of seeing my two youngest sitting in the chair that I used to sit in when I was their age.
11. So many of these gifts originated from my mom. (Thank you, Mom!)She is a wonderful gift and being at the women’s breakfast at church with her this Christmas was icing on the cake.
12. Caroling with friends and their children around the neighborhood and signing about the joy of Jesus!
13. My children keep reminding me that Christmas is not about the presents but THE PRESENCE. How thankful I am for the wonderful children’s ministry at our church and the fact that my children listen, remember, and take it to heart. How thankful I am for God with us, Emmanuel! I love his presence and in his presence is fullness of joy! I am realizing that at any moment I can enter into his presence and feel that joy and begin to see all the gifts that are always around me.